Thursday, June 29, 2017

Tub Reglazing

I've known about tub reglazing but didn't realize it was an option for my apartment tub.  This is the first apartment building I've ever lived in but I did live in rentals many years back where it was almost impossible to have the owners do any repairs.  The superintendant of this building has been a pleasant surprise for me, though.  The building and grounds are very well kept up and the superintendant responds very quickly to any issues I've had (I've had very few).

I broke the shower head a few months ago and decided to just buy one myself rather than bother him about it but discovered I wasn't strong enough to get the old one off to replace it.  Soren came up quickly to do it and he also commented at the time that the tub needed reglazing, the taps needed replacing, and the tile should be redone so it covered the wall right up to the ceiling.  I never would have thought that was an option for me.  I was particularly happy about having the tub reglazed because it's the original in this 1960's building and the enamel isn't very good any more.

Well, I was put on a list (don't know how long) to have the work done and just assumed it might take forever.  The tub has been difficult to clean since I moved in here 4 years ago but just in the past few weeks it is impossible to clean in spots and remains looking dirty even after cleaning.  I decided to ask Soren how long it would be before it could be reglazed because I really couldn't clean it now.  

So, yesterday I dropped a note at his office and went out for the day.  I came home to a message on my answering machine...it was Soren saying he'd made an appointment for my tub to be reglazed on July 10th.  I don't know if every apartment building superintendant is as efficient and responsible as Soren but I'm sure happy we have him in our building.

I only have one bathroom here and it will be out of commission for the day of the reglazing so I'm going to live with Faye.  

It's so nice when things work out well and problems are solved quickly.

Update:  I called Soren to see how long I need to be out of the apartment...3-4 hours...and to ask if the taps would be replaced at the same time.  He said it would be best to do the taps and the tiling before glazing the tub so now everything is on hold again.  I'm hoping he'll sped up the whole remodel because that tub looks terrible.   

No comments: