Monday, July 24, 2017

I Love You

We never said "I love you" in my family so it didn't come naturally to me until I had children.  Apparently the urge to say "I love you" multiplies with age because I say it a lot now...and I mean it!

It's very important to me that my children, grandchildren, and greatgrandchildren know how very much they were loved by their Momma/Gramma/GG when I'm gone.  I know it's not the words that prove it but those words are part of healing and building a person's self esteem and that's one of the reasons they're said.

My grandmother never once told me she loved me but I knew she did.  My mother never said it, either, and I'm not sure she did.  I don't want to leave any doubt in my babies' minds that they were the best things that ever happened to me in my lifetime.

Anyway, those I love will know it because I'm quite vocal!

No comments: