Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Demonstrations Stopped For The Flood

I noticed the demonstrations have stopped...must be because of the flood in Texas.  I'm sure all those people who raged and ranted while tearing down old Confederate statues have all stopped their destruction so they can help the people in Texas who are trapped in flooded waters.  After all, those demonstrators were quite angry with their country and how poorly their country is serving their hurt feelings.  Those are the kind of people who would surely rush to help their fellow man/woman in need, right?  Those are the kind of people who demonstrated because they want a better world so they'd be the first to volunteer to help in Texas, right?

Nope.  Doesn't seem to be happening.  I see a lot of cops, firefighters, good neighbors, etc. working their butts off to help the Texans but I haven't seen one person with a bandana over their face or club in their hands.  I've seen the damned good majority doing what we all should be doing and that's helping instead of destroying.

I'll bet a lot of those protesters are just biding their time and waiting for good weather before they start protesting again.

No comments: