Monday, August 28, 2017

Hidden Treasures

When I moved to the apartment I downsized something fierce and got rid of many things I treasure.  What I brought to the apartment went mainly in designated spots but some tiny treasures (to me only) were put in temporary quarters.  That was over 4 years ago and some are still there.

I needed a padded envelope to mail my trailer key to the lady who will clean it and they're all nicely in place behind a little door on my desk.  As I pulled out the envelope, I had to lift a tray of "stuff" so I thought this would be an opportunity to see if I really need to keep that "stuff".  Most were note pads of which I have way too many.  Some were binders and I'll keep half of them.  There was a lovely booklet of Elvis photos that I bought at a yard sale many years ago for $1...I might have them buried with me.  Then I found a short story I'd written but didn't date...it's okay but nothing special.  Lastly was an article I'd written about how I used to be able to step outside my body at will.  I've written a blog about that before and this also added how my ESP worked for me a few times.  It was interesting reading it but I know most people would read it and think I'm nuts.  I don't care.  I know it's true.

I know there's a lot of stuff tucked away in "temporary" places that I don't need and I really should have done some heavy duty cleaning and discarding this summer.  That was the plan but life and laziness got in my way.

I've always been a story writer but it wasn't until Marilee talked me into starting the blogs that I found the nerve to place them where others could read them and either criticize or praise me.  No-one has criticized me but then only a handful of people have actually read them.  I'll settle for that.

No comments: