Sunday, August 06, 2017

Family Birthday Party

My 40 year old twin, Yvonne, celebrated her birthday in Las Vegas but mine was celebrated in Cindy's sunroom and I know I had as good a time as Yvonne.

Cindy, Don, Tyson, Kyle, Kim, Matthew, Kelli, Nick, Bev, Valerie, Avry, Sydney, Edwin, and Tally made my day very special and I enjoyed spending it with them.  Cindy prepared a lovely barbecue and Don and Matt did the cooking.  The day was sunny and warm but with the terrible heat and humidity gone for a while.

I received flowers, photo stand, and gift certificate for getting my nails done...presents are never important to me but they are nice to get.  Shelley and John sent flowers, too, so my apartment looks really pretty now.  

This is the kind of family day that makes me very happy...I'd be lost without my family and life wouldn't be so good.  I know some people survive quite happily without having strong ties to their families and that's fine for them but I truly love and need mine.  And I know how lucky I am to have a "good" family, people who are kind, decent, and loving.

Anyway, today I'm 77 years and 1 day old and very happy to be here to enjoy it!   

No comments: