Sunday, September 17, 2017

I Tolerate

Mid September weather in Canada (southern Ontario for me) has all my life been a fairly warm and beautiful time of the year.  Someone, somewhere, somehow made it law for apartment buildings to turn on the heat September 15th even though the temperatures have been in the 80's the past few days.  It was so uncomfortable in the apartment yesterday that I had to turn the air conditioning on to combat the furnace heat.  Talk about waste!

A couple of years ago the superintendent put in a new thermostat for me because we are supposed to be able to control the heat in our apartments but it has never worked.  I leave it turned off and the heat keeps coming.  Even in mid winter I found it too warm in the apartment and usually had the bedroom windows wide open.  This is mainly a senior building so maybe they think we all are susceptible to the cold but some of us don't like too much heat.

Anyway, I'll just have to tolerate it because there's nothing I can do about it. 

No comments: