Friday, September 22, 2017

Tired Of Bad News

I bet everyone is as tired of hearing bad news as I am.  We've got such whackos in charge that we really don't have much of chance of seeing 2018.  We have no control over them so I'm going to forget they exist and cocoon myself in a good little world.

I want to listen to a baby giggle.  I want to watch the loving tenderness between parent and child.  I want to see the kindness of one person to another.  Those are the things worth living for.  Everything else is flotsam and jetsam and aren't worthy of this beautiful lifetime we've been granted.  When you've only been given an average of 72 years on earth, why spend one moment being evil?  

When I was born there wasn't effective birth control or easily available abortion or I wouldn't even be here.  I wonder how many nice people we've missed out on simply because those options are available today?

As a child, I knew we didn't have much money but didn't feel deprived by poverty.  How can you feel poor if your home is clean and there are always excellent meals on the table?  Our poverty was more apparent in the kind of places we had to live in...small but not in a very bad neighborhood.

I wasn't an angry child but I was a stubborn one and that either saved me or doomed me.  Both, I guess.  Being stubborn often means you define your own limits instead of allowing them to be defined by someone else.

I've had a roller coaster life but it's hasn't been horrible mainly because of the 3 daughters I gave birth to...if you have that much love, you are lucky in life!  

If there's anything I've learned in my 77 years it's that we should be thankful for blessings and deal with our demons the best we can.  Sometimes you are lucky enough to end up with few or no demons and lots of love. 

No comments: