Monday, November 27, 2017

Shelley's In-Laws

It seems hard to believe that I first met Shelley's in-laws at her wedding to John but, then, they all lived in Florida and Dennis and I lived in Canada.  I can't remember the meeting but, knowing Carmen, it was probably filled with hugs and smiles and complete acceptance.  Juan was friendly but reserved in a gentlemanly way.  Not so now!  He's as loving as Carmen!

I know I wasn't worried about John's family but never expected how much I'd come to love them, especially Carmen and Juan who are the most genuine, loving people on earth.  Shelley is very lucky to have them for in-laws.

Yesterday I drove over to Tampa and had lunch with Shelley and John and Carmen and Juan.  John went out and got us Cuban sandwiches (my favorite) and we ate outside with a lovely view of the pool and gardens.  They were lucky to not have any damage from the hurricane but I have to say that they're neglecting the flowers that Faye and I planted.  I just have to accept it and not plant too many again.  

Carmen and I agreed there was a vibe at that house that is both welcoming and healing.  It is a special atmosphere created by Shelley and John and you can feel it.  Some people would think we're nuts but Carmen and I understand!

Carmen and Juan had to leave before me so we said our goodbyes, knowing we'd see each other soon, and then Shelley and I went up to Macy's for a little shopping before I had to leave.  Unfortunately, all i saw were designer clothes which I can't afford and don't want so I bought nothing.  Neither did Shelley who prefers Steinmart where the prices are more reasonable.

I got home before 5 and had a nap.  I still don't have proper cable T.V. but the good news was that the 3 day extravaganza of "All In The Family" was still on my indoor antenna.  Bedtime came at 9:30...early but I slept well!   

No comments: