Monday, December 11, 2017

Bed Frame Shopping

So far the zip ties and duct tape have held my bed frame together quite well but I can't stop worrying about it so I'm going shopping today for a new one.

I've had a bit of a problem finding a place that sells them but I've found a couple within a 30 minute drive so I'll try those today.  I also don't want a cheap one...I want one with a center bar for better support and it has to have rollers so it can be moved easily.  This doesn't sound like much to ask for but I'm using the park's Tengonet for my internet and it fails me too often.  It's terribly frustrating, too, when I find a store that sells bed frames, look at the directions and find out it's now a Payless Shoe Store!  I lose patience and just shut everything down before I throw it down.

Yesterday was frustrating, too.  I tried to meet Shelley at a hotel for lunch and couldn't get onto the right road.  I bypassed it so many times and just ended up lost.  I finally gave up and went home.  It's hard to drive to an unfamiliar area and try to read road signs while heavy traffic is all around me.  I hope I find these darned mattress stores today!

I knew I had to give in and buy a new bed frame because I can't stop thinking about it and that interferes with my sleep.  The patchwork fix might last for a while but the Florida heat in summer will surely affect the plastic zip ties and the duct tape.  

Sigh!

Update:  Found ONE store with bedframes in stock...but not one with rollers.  Marge came with me and then bought me lunch at Wendy's so it was a nice little trip any way.  I ended up coming home and struggling with the totally inept Tengo internet trying to find what Home Depot or JCPenny had on their websites and would deliver (I didn't want to give my credit card number to some anonymous company).  It took forever to get on the internet and then be able to order from JCPenny but then couldn't complete the order because of the weird park address.  I called their customer service and got a treasure of a young lady who helped me through the process and I now will have a brand new bed frame delivered in about a week...I hope.  There's free delivery to the park office and then someone from the office will bring it to my trailer.  How nice.


No comments: