Thursday, December 21, 2017

Changes

After not being here in the park last year I wondered how the changes would affect me.  Friends passed away or just not coming to the park any more were 2 of my worries.  Life does change but it also does go on, no matter how you prefer it to be.

I've had a Swedish weaving get-together for years and the number of ladies who come to it always varied but this year no-one came at all.  I'm not really surprised but I'm sorry that it has faded away to nothing.  I'll still do my Swedish weaving but I'll do it at the trailer instead of bothering to go over to the clubhouse.

Another of my favorite rituals is Friday morning coffee on my patio and that has also shrunk considerably.  About 3-6 ladies still come and that's nice.  When I think about it, it allows all of us to converse together instead of in separate groups.  I remember when 22 ladies came and I didn't have enough patio chairs for everyone so I had to ask a few ladies to bring their own.

Yes, things change for whatever reason and we just have to embrace those changes and make the best of them.

No comments: