Friday, December 22, 2017

Watch or Speak

This is the tangent my mind wandered off to this morning.  We all know people who are living a life that could be happier with just a few changes and, if you love them and are anything like me, you are going to speak up and tell them gently that they can do better.  I can't conceive of anyone just standing by and allowing someone they love hurt their lives without trying to redirect them.

I firmly believe that one of the purposes of the seniors in the family is to pass on their "wisdom" to the younger generation.  We see a lot.  We've seen a lot, too.  And what we say with love is worth listening to...even if you don't act on it.

I nag my children openly.  I use much more tact when I'm nagging my grandchildren or my friends.  All of this nagging comes from a heart that loves them unconditionally and wants only the best for them.

Now, what better way to know you're getting good advice than to know it's coming from someone who truly loves you?

I've made more mistakes in my life than all of my loved ones combined (maybe) but I do believe that every one of those mistakes taught me a lesson that benefits me to this day.  I know that there will come a time when we can't change the path we're on or, even if we do, we'll have lost more than necessary.  I know that time matters and how we use it today will affect tomorrow.

So, if and when I nag you, know that it comes from the heart.

  


No comments: