Saturday, December 23, 2017

4th Scheduled Appointment With Spectrum...Will They Show Up??

I have my 4th scheduled appointment with Spectrum this morning between 8-10 A.M.  At the first appointment on November 13th, a man arrived and told me he couldn't hook up my T.V. and internet because the line had been cut by the men installing their new cable lines.  He left but said he'd have someone there within half an hour to reconnect the line.  No-one came.

The next couple of scheduled appointments weren't kept, either, so I didn't hold much hope for today...and I was proven right in a way.  A Spectrum tech phoned me at 8 and got me all excited until he said the new service simply and truly is not yet available in this park.  Crap, but at least he spoke the truth.  He transferred me to someone who would change my order to getting the basic T.V. service which still is available.  WHY WOULD THIS NOT HAVE BEEN DONE ALREADY!!!

Anyway, he said that once the order was changed he could give me the service this morning.  Fingers crossed.

I just spoke to very sleepy sounding rep who has put me on hold so he can check with his supervisor to see if my order can be changed.  HoHum!

Oh yes, I was also told that we wouldn't automatically be put on the new digital service when it finally is ready but will have to schedule an appointment with Spectrum.  The people you speak to are very nice and polite and helpful but somewhere along the line the customer service goes all to hell.  I've told them I wouldn't use Spectrum if I had another choice.

I don't want DirectTV again because they require a contract.  Putting a tower up requires a workman.  I hate feeling helpless with such poor service and not knowing if or when it will improve.  I'm still on hold and now worried I might be disconnected.  Spoke to him again and back on hold again.  He had thought I could get internet now, too, but I can't so the order has to be changed again.  Hmmm! 

Well, the sun is shining brightly and it will be another beautiful warm Florida day...wonder how long I'll have to stay home and wait for Spectrum?

Just been told I'll have basic T.V. service today.  I'm not getting my hopes up.

Update:  At 12:30 a Spectrum tech arrived and very, very quickly hooked me up to basic T.V.  He said that the new digital cable was all ready to be turned on but he couldn't tell me when that would happen.    

No comments: