Sunday, December 24, 2017

Odd Florida Problem

I think I mentioned my room mate, Lizzy the lizard.  I accept it because there is absolutely nothing you can do to keep lizards out of your home in Florida.  They slip in through small cracks and they slip in when you open the door.  One good thing is that they don't like people and will scoot away if you come near them.  Anyway, I'm stuck with Lizzy.  At least, I was.

Yesterday I opened the lid of my old, single cup Keurig to add water and there sat Lizzy.  I'm not afraid of her but my mind raced with wondering what it was doing in the Keurig, what it HAD DONE in the Keurig, and how to get it out.  I couldn't spray it with water because it probably would have liked that and I couldn't spray with Raid because I didn't want to kill it or me.  I chose Fabreze.  Lizzy didn't like it but didn't leave, either.  I sprayed a few times until it did leave but, in the process, Lizzy lost it's tail.  Lizards can lose their extremities and then grow them back so I wasn't too worried but I was creeped out.  Could the Fabreze have hurt Lizzy???

Once it was out of the Keurig, I began cleansing it by running boiling water through it again and again.  Then I made my coffee but still a little worried.  Since then I repeat the cleansing before making a coffee for myself because I don't know if or when Lizzy will return to the Keurig.

Now, how could any Canadian lady ever prepare herself for finding a lizard in her Keurig?

Update:  Lizzy is fine and running around with a stump of a tail.  This is the weirdest lizard.  It doesn't often run from me but just sits and looks up at me when I try to shoo it away.

Update:  Somebody stepped on Lizzy in the bathroom...I hope it wasn't me in my bare feet but I saw the little corpse after 2 of my coffee ladies used the bathroom in my trailer.  There is another lizard wandering around here, though, so I still have a room mate.

No comments: