Sunday, December 03, 2017

Some Bad Moments

Right now I['m taking a rest before tackling the &^%$#%*&^ bed frame again.  I'm definitely not cut out for hard physical labor and this bed frame is just too much for me.  There is a connection in the middle that allows you to adjust the width of the frame and I apparently didn't tighten it well enough back when it fell off before.  It fell off again!  It's really difficult for me to fix this because I have so little strength but I tackled it anyway, pulling off the mattress but unable to remove the box spring because it's too heavy.  I had to lift it up from one end and rest it on my head in order to have 2 hands free to re-attach the connection.  This is a lot harder than it sounds!

Right now I'm resting before taking one more stab at it and tighten it better with pliers.  Life is still handing me lemons today, though, because I decided to turn on the air conditioner to make my work more comfortable and it isn't working.  I can't stand it!  I don't know if it's an electrical problem or the air conditioner is just broken...in trailers you never know.  It definitely isn't worth hiring someone to fix it because it's 20 years old so I just might have to buy a window air conditioner to make do.  I seldom use air conditioning here but there are times, like now, that some cooler air would be welcome.

Anyway, these problems are just "things" and not people so it's not as bad as it could be.

Update:  Jan read my whining on Facebook and came over to help me.  She discovered quite quickly that the reason the connection was giving me trouble was because I was trying to put it on the wrong way.  She also checked the breaker box and rebooted my air conditioner which now works fine.  She's amazing and I'm pitiful!

No comments: