Wednesday, January 03, 2018

Another Passing

Another of my 3W friends has passed away and it just never gets any easier.  There have been so many deaths this year of people who made up a part of my own life so this makes me feel smaller, less substantial with them gone.

It's such a shock when I come across the announcement, especially when I wasn't expecting it.  I love Facebook but there have been too many posts that brought me to tears.  I suppose it's what a person of my age should expect now but it hurts to know someone you cared about has left this earth for the unknown.  

Angie was a beautiful lady who I looked forward to seeing every Thursday at Swedish weaving.  Her skin was flawless...quite an accomplishment for someone close to my age.  She was just so nice to be around.  I never got to be really close friends with her but I did like her very much.  She was always on my list of people I wanted to see when I got to 3W in the fall.  I could plainly see at the Christmas dinner this year how many of my old friends weren't here...some had passed away and some had "aged" away.  There comes a time for all of us when we just have to stay put.

I'll miss Angie.

No comments: