Friday, January 05, 2018

Florida Cold

Today is "Friday Coffee Morning" and we're going to have to huddle right inside the trailer because of the intense cold weather.  Last week we at least were able to sit out in the Florida room but it's just too cold today that even my little heater couldn't warm it up enough.  The problem is that my Florida room, like many, has plastic windows so there isn't much to stop the cold wind from seeping around the window frames.

Today I won't be moaning about the fact that so few ladies are coming for coffee because this little trailer can only hold about 10 people before it gets uncomfortable.  I remember a time when we had so many ladies crammed in here on a rainy or cold day that, if any more came, they'd have to sit in the bathroom.  My trailer is shotgun style...livingroom, kitchen, bathroom, bedroom all in a line.  The only time I'd need anything larger here is on a rainy or cold coffee morning.

The good news today is that Spectrum's digital lines have now been activated and I'll be getting great T.V., internet and telephone service on Sunday.  I'm a little skeptical considering how many times I made appointments with them and no-one showed up.

This has been a weird and crazy winter for me so far and I think I might have come to the conclusion that I have to be home for Christmas and come to Florida next winter between Christmas and the New Year.  I can then stay a little longer in April.  That's my plan so now to see if it all works out.  I love being close to Shelley and I love my lady friends here so, as long as my health holds out, this is where I want to be for most of the winter.

It's strange having no T.V....the basic service has been disconnected so now I'm waiting for full service on Sunday.  The only thing i really miss is the news on CNN but even that gets a little tiresome because they spend so much time bashing Trump.  I know the bashing is well deserved but there is a whole lot more going on in the world that we need to know, too.

Well, my ladies will be here soon so I'd better get everything ready!

No comments: