Saturday, January 06, 2018

My Plans

I'm the kind of planner who loves to make plans for the day or coming week and then change them constantly.  Sometimes they never happen at all but they're still a plan for the future.

Spectrum is finally all set up in our park and I'll have great internet, T.V. and telephone service by tomorrow afternoon if all goes well.  I'm also getting WIFI so I can take my laptop outside to work on when the weather is too nice to be inside.  My plan is to start writing stories for Reader's Digest.  I've written others and submitted them maybe 10+ years ago but none were accepted.  No problem.

I picture myself sitting at the patio table with the warm Florida breeze wafting across my skin, a cup of coffee at the side, and the ever present passers-by giving me fodder for my stories.  There won't be any doom and gloom because this is a happy place.  I picture me sending my stories off to Reader's Digest and then, in a few weeks, picking up their letter with a check inside.  I'm a planner and a dreamer.

Nah, I write to please myself and not for fame, glory, or a Reader's Digest check.  I will do all of the above and maybe even send a story or two to Reader's Digest but, if they don't appreciate me, that's okay.

I've had no T.V. for 4 days now and haven't missed it much.  It would be a different story if I also had no internet.  Tengo is close to nothing but at least I can access the internet for a few hours each day.  Speaking of which, I'd better end this blog before I lose the internet altogether.


No comments: