Monday, January 08, 2018

If I Was 50-60 Years Younger

Something that has kept me wondering about my youth is why I never noticed a male's physique but only his facial features.  I notice it now when it's too late to do anything but look.

Yesterday I got my new services from Spectrum and I'm very, very happy.  I have fast and efficient internet, clear and plentiful channels on the T.V., and a phone with free long distance calling.  What led to this blog is what a cutie the installer was.

I'm easily old enough to be his Gramma but I couldn't help but notice his sweet face, dimples, and broad shoulders.  His lovely southern accent made me smile.  He was so polite...called me ma'am and I love that.  He treated me like a Gramma, too, looking kind of wondering when I didn't understand his technical terms but being kind enough to explain at my level of understanding.

I think now that, if I was in my twenties and unattached, I'd chase down one of those gorgeous southern boys and keep one for myself.  As it is, I can only sit and wonder why I was so blind to anything other than a handsome face when I was in my twenties.  I'm thinking it was some sort of puritan conditioning that came along with that era.  Too bad!

No comments: