Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Grief and Reality

There is a lot of grief being experienced by my little circle of friends and acquaintances right now so I thought I'd put my ethereal experience with Dennis' death on Facebook today.  It's on the blog but it always seemed too strong to put on Facebook before.

Anyway, There will be people who don't believe it but I know what I saw and still feel blessed to have seen it.  If my experience (and those of others who have seen it) help alleviate anyone's grief, it will be worth airing it again.

What I saw was a "mist" blast from Dennis' head area about 15 minutes after he passed away.  It filled the room, leaving the corners at the ceiling bare and it surrounded me as I stood at the end of the bed.  At the exact instant the mist appeared (putting me in a state of  shock because I had no idea what was happening), I felt the most tremendous joy I've ever felt in my life.  I believe with all my heart that the mist was Dennis' soul leaving his body and the joy came from him.  I'm not religious at all so this wasn't a religious experience, it was a blessing to witness a not so rare event.  I had to do research on the internet to find out others have also seen this at the moment of their loved one's death.

Many people have witnessed this or something similar.  I just had never heard of it when it happened with Dennis.  

Shelley had a dream last night where her father visited her and chatted for a while.  I also believe dreams are a conduit between this life and the next.  She must have needed those moments with her father for some reason and that's why he returned for a while.  Just as death is not the end, love never ends, either.

It's interesting that Shelley noted her father never looked directly at her during their conversation.  We've been told that the eyes are the window to the soul and what visited Shelley was Dennis' soul.  Maybe what lies behind the eyes of the soul is something we aren't ready for yet.

I'm a very logical thinker and I've long believed that this life can't possibly be the one and only because that didn't make sense.  After seeing what I did with Dennis, I'm more convinced than ever that this life is just a stage we go through and there is much more to come.     

No comments: