Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Meant To Be

I don't need absolute proof to believe that much of what happens to us in our lifetime was meant to be.  I was talking to my dear, dear friend, Sylvia, this morning and remembering how much fun we've had over the years here at 3W.  Sylvia lives in Nova Scotia and we have no common relatives or friends between our provinces so I never would have met her if we both hadn't ended up at 3W.  I've said before that I don't remember the moment we met, we meshed so well as friends from the very beginning that it just had to be pre-ordained.

There's an old saying that people come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime...something like that.  Every acquaintance will teach us something whether it be good or bad and we can choose to continue the friendship or let it fade away.  Sylvia is a lifetime friend for sure!

I've been lamenting about how the park has changed and there are so many new people I don't know but a lot of the good old gals are still here and we get together for cards and socializing.  We have a few new faces at our card tables and they are very nice and welcome additions to our groups.

I'm off this afternoon to Shelley's where I'll puppysit Tank and Winnie while Shelley flies to the frigid north to spend a few days with John...he's there for 3 weeks, poor soul.  I'm usually all organized and packed days ahead for a trip but I'm getting a little too confident about my packing skills and left it until today.  Bet I forget something!

Well, I have to phone Mary but don't dare do it before 10 A.M. so the magic hour is here.     

No comments: