Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Tip For Sales Clerks

First off, this didn't make me angry, just a little surprised at the tactless sales lady.

My favorite store in Florida is Bealls but sometimes I like to shop at Bonworth.  The clothes are fairly well made but not as "flashy" as I like them.  I saw on my e-mail this morning that Bonworth was having a big sale and, since I had nothing much to do, I went shopping.

Now, Bonworth clothes are sized rather oddly.  In most stores I wear a 1X in tops and a L Petite or XLPetite in pants but, at Bonworth, I've been wearing their size XL in tops and LPetite in pants.  I lost about 25 lbs. a year or so ago and must not have shopped at Bonworth since the weight loss so I took my usual sizes into the change room to try on and was surprised and pleased to see they were much too big.  Yeah me!!

I went looking for the same items in one size smaller and found 2 of the pants but couldn't find the third pair so I asked the young sales clerk if she knew where one was.  She looked me over and said, "you need an XL".  I said no, that I actually needed the Medium Petite.  She blinked a few times and tried again to offer me the XL to try on.  

If I'd had a thin skin about my weight...I don't...that would have made me feel terrible.  As it turned out, I tried on the 2 pair I'd found in the Medium Petite and they fit perfectly.  I know I'm not a Medium Petite in any other store on earth but I am at Bonworth.  Yeah me!!

No comments: