Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Taking Politics Seriously

I don't take politics too seriously because I think all politicians are crooks and a necessary evil needed to run the country.  I always just hope we have enough safeguards in place to keep them from owning the country outright.

Americans do take their politics seriously and I made a mistake last night in front of a few people I like a lot.  I insulted Trump and it was sad but interesting to see how quickly the Trump supporters got their backs up.  My position has always been that I'm a guest in this country and I should keep my opinions on Trump to myself.  And that's what I should have done last night.

I have to give myself a pat on the back for deciding to keep my big mouth shut when I saw their reaction but it's really hard to say nothing when people are praising Trump for all the good he's done and completely ignoring the bad.  It was obvious no-one cared that Trump's actions are often obscene.

Anyway, I shut up quickly thinking it was better to be kind and not upset people I do care a lot for.  After all, we Canadians have our own cross to bear with our idiot prime minister, Trudeau!

No comments: