Saturday, March 10, 2018

Amazing Body

I kind of like that title but it's deceptive.  I'm referring to the amazing ability of the human body, even a 77 year old one like mine, to fight back illness.

This cold hit me like a ton of bricks on Thursday...up until then I had a few sniffles I thought were from tree pollen.  I was so sick that I almost hoped I'd die.  The cough is horrible, deep and almost bronchial, and it gradually hurts the stomach muscles so much that you try not to cough.  My nose was running and my mind was foggy.  It wasn't a pleasant day.

My friend, Carol, called to ask if I needed anything because she was at Walmart and all I could think of was potato chips.  This told me I wasn't going to die if I still wanted chips.  She brought me chips and lozenges and left them outside the trailer door while I was napping...it's too dangerous to come into a trailer filled with cold germs.  I really enjoyed those chips inbetween coughing spells.

I felt slightly better on Friday because my mind had cleared somewhat.  I've found that when you're very sick you can't think clearly.  I was really tired so went to bed at 6:30 and slept off and on until 6 A.M. today.  Every time I woke up, I felt just a tad better and the coughing had diminished a lot.

Today I'll do some Swedish weaving and stay home because I don't want to infect anyone else.  There's nothing I need but, if I do, I know I have good friends here who will get it for me.  I am blessed!

No comments: