Sunday, March 18, 2018

Feeling Weary

It's such a helpless feeling when you find out one of your friends, who you thought was doing well, passed away.  Rob's wife, Monica, is more my friend but Rob was also.  He'd recently had surgery to repair nerve damage that was worsening and, although having a heart attack soon after, seemed to be recovering well.  Rob passed away yesterday and it worries me very much how Monica will handle his loss.  They were probably one of the closest couples I know of.

Right on the heels of that bad news came the notice that Agnes, one of my oldest and dearest friends from the park, is now having hospice care.  This isn't so much of a shock because dear Agnes is in her late 80's now and hasn't been too well for a while.  She's been blessed with having her daughter, Amy, care for her at home for the last couple of years.

I have such wonderful memories of great times with Agnes, always thought of her as an older version of Faye.  She is so much fun and so down to earth.  My memories see her as a vibrant senior lady who gave a lot of herself.  Wherever she goes, it will be a happy place.

I wrote a while ago about the ghosts that surround me in this park.  It's getting awfully crowded. 

No comments: