Monday, March 05, 2018

Leg Cramps

One of the nicest things about waking up after a good night sleep is stretching out your body.  I tend to sleep all curled up so I really need to stretch.  These godawful leg and foot cramps I've been getting lately are almost unbearable and I have to jump out of bed as soon as they start so I can stand up and feel them cancel themselves.  If Don hadn't educated me about standing up as soon as a cramp starts, I think I'd have passed out from the pain of some that I've had.

Apparently I'm lacking a certain element in my body (magnesium) which is probably the cause so I'll have to buy some.  If that doesn't work, I'm at a loss.  If I was bedbound and couldn't get out of bed to stand up, I'd be in agony.

The internet is full of stories from people of all ages who have this same problem and most seem to have been helped by taking magnesium.  Now, I don't get these awful cramps often but seem to get them in spurts...every day for a week or so and then none for months.  Strange.

No comments: