Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Slow Recovery

I wonder if anyone has ever been far away from home and sick and not ached to be back home.  This is day 6 for me with this cold and not one day has gone by that I didn't fervently wish I was home.  Maybe it's that desire to die at home instead of anywhere else.

No, I don't feel like I'm dying but I don't feel good, either.  My chest congestion has vastly improved but the nasal congestion is still pretty bad and that fogs up the brain.  I'm not a good patient and I have no-one to complain to except here on the blog.

I'm a considerate person who will stay away from others so as not to infect them and I don't mind being alone but my patience is wearing thin with being so secluded.  I'm a social person and I'm missing out on a lot of fun!  I also owe money to Carol and Dee for what they've bought for me and I'm anxious to get them paid.  My body is getting pretty achy, too, from all this darned inactivity of sitting or lying around all day.  No, I'm not a happy camper right now.

I did start working on a new Swedish weaving table runner with one of the new patterns I just bought and that improves my spirits.  I'm also making plans to revamp my spare bedroom at home with Ikea shelving.  I've held off on that because it's too big for me to pick up in my car but I'll bite the bullet and ask Nick to pick it up and then ask someone in the family to put it together for me.  I hate not being able to do all this myself but I really need to do something about that bedroom storage.

I'm bored and don't know how to handle it.  When healthy, I can just go hop in the car and go somewhere/anywhere that I want but my mind isn't clear enough right now to be out driving.  The worst drivers in the world all come to Florida!  I guess I'll just continue with my meds and hope for better days.

No comments: