Thursday, March 15, 2018

The Bug Man

I haven't let anyone come into the trailer since I got this cold but it never occurred to me that the bug man, who breathes in chemicals all day, would react like he did yesterday.

He always sprays around the outside of the trailer first before coming inside so I waited until he opened the Florida room door so I could warn him about my germs.  He backed off so quickly that it startled me.  I can't be that dangerous, can I??  He then proceeded to tell me how dangerous this cold really was and how one of his family members had died from it.  He also refused payment for what he'd already done...he is a very honest and reliable man.

I'm being extra cautious and staying away from people because I know this is a particularly dangerous illness but I do feel quite good today.  I'm still coughing a bit but my sinuses have almost cleared up.  Shelley said the coughing could go on for weeks but was nothing to worry about but, just for safety, I'm staying home at least over the weekend.  

Just a note:  The 2 drugs Dee picked up for me and which the pharmacist said could be taken together was wrong.  I've always trusted the pharmacist to know which drugs can't be taken together but not all pharmacists are good at their jobs.  Shelley told me to keep taking the Mucinex DM for the chest congestion but not the drug for my sinuses.  She said to take the antihistamine instead.  It's nice having a nurse practitioner in the family!

In any case, I am improving day by day and I'm very thankful to have the Swedish weaving to keep me from being bored out of my mind. 

No comments: