Wednesday, May 02, 2018

Feeling Good

I'm pretty much back to feeling the wonderful way I usually feel but I see my family doctor today for a regular check-up.  I hope he sees what I see.  Then I have an appointment with the hematologist on Monday and I'm going to tell him I don't want to be sent for any tests...he is planning on me having a catscan because he didn't know what was wrong with me.  I feel just about my normal self and I don't see why a woman my age needs to take time out of my life for tests.  Of course, my innards aren't perfect...I'm 77 years old, for heaven's sake.  But, if I'm feeling good, happy, and productive, shouldn't I just be left alone by doctors??  My worry is that the hematologist will dump me as a patient if I refuse to do his tests.  Since I have CLL in a mild form but it could become a problem, I don't want to be dumped.  But I also don't want to take any more tests so we'll just have to see how this all turns out.

The most important thing is that I'm feeling darned good!  This could be from the iron supplement which I'm hoping is strengthening my red blood cells and I will continue with it until told I don't need it.  But, no more tests, thank you!

Update:  I may feel good but my doctor thinks I'm bleeding internally...extremely low iron count...and wants me to have a colonoscopy and an endoscopy.  So much for refusing any more tests!  I'm at a loss right now wondering what I should do but I won't make any decisions until I see the hematologist on Monday.

No comments: