Tuesday, May 01, 2018

Squirrel on the Balcony

I'm on the 6th floor of my building but I knew squirrels could come up that high because my neighbor on the 8th floor had a squirrel's nest on her balcony.  I've seen squirrels running around on a brick wall so I knew they would be able to just walk up as high as they wanted.  So I wasn't really shocked when I saw a squirrel on my balcony yesterday, just angry.  I hate squirrels.

I opened the screen door to try to chase it away but it was aggressive and actually jumped toward me.  What is it with aggressive squirrels these days...even moving into a lady's trailer at the park!  Anyway, I had nothing to throw at the damned squirrel but some hot chocolate Keurig cups I didn't like but that seemed to do the trick.  Knowing their habits, though, it will come back.

This morning I checked to see if there was a nest at the end of the balcony where I haven't cleaned up from winter yet but there was nothing there.  I plan on buying a spray to deter squirrels.

And now another thought.  I live right next to a beautiful ravine that offers lovely scenery but I know that critters must live in there, too.  Apparently we have a rat infestation in my city and I'm thinking, if a squirrel that is a rodent can walk up the wall to my 6th floor balcony, so can a rat.  I'm not happy and can't wait to buy that squirrel repellent.  


No comments: