Wednesday, May 30, 2018

My Baby is 60

60 just isn't what it used to be.  My first born, Kim, turned 60 today and she's definitely not an old lady.  She is a hard working, fun loving, smart and spirited woman.  She really doesn't know what a treasure she is.

I remember being really frightened when I found out I was pregnant with her...I was only 17 years old.   While in labor, I remember hearing women screaming and crying in the maternity ward which scared me even more but I never reached that degree of pain, thank heavens.  Kim weighed in at 9 lbs. 8 oz. and I loved her even though I had worries about how I was going to enable her to survive.  Dennis and I knew nothing about babies.  Well, she survived and grew into a woman any parent would be proud to call their daughter.  

Kim isn't happy about being 60.  She thinks she's old.  I say, live every day you're granted in this life and enjoy every moment you can.  Too many never have the opportunity to be 60.  And, if you're having fun, it matters not one little bit what your age happens to be!

Happy 60th, Kim, and wishes for many, many more!

No comments: