Monday, May 21, 2018

Relationships

Some in-laws become friends, casual acquaintances, and sometimes not even friends.  You are very lucky if you gain a lot of friends with your in-laws because you'll probably spend a lot of time with them over the years.  Almost every one of my in-laws are friends so I'm very, very lucky.  The few I'm not particularly fond of are not so bad, either.  We're just not buddies.  I'd say my in-law relationships are fairly healthy.

Nick remarried last year to a lady I adore.  From the very beginning she was like a ray of sunshine, always smiling and always kind.  Sometimes you get very lucky to have an in-law like her!  We went plant shopping yesterday for their new house and it was so much fun.  Being with a person like her makes your day.

We hit Costco first and got some magnificent planters full of beautiful flowers...they don't want to do much planting, especially this first year in their house.  We did get some interesting grasses at Terra and they'll go in the front garden.  Nick wants low or no maintenance so we abided by his wishes.  I think Bev is a little more open to learning and looking after flowers but not this year.

I left their house feeling so good that Nick has found the love of his life and one who makes him so happy.  Some people never find that kind of love so he's one lucky man.  And Bev lucked out, too.  She not only got a wonderful man like Nick but a whole family of in-laws who love her dearly!

No comments: