Thursday, June 14, 2018

Feeling Fine

Why is it that my daughters don't understand that, because I'm feeling perfectly fine with no pain or discomfort, I resent having medical tests done?  There's no logic here.  We should have tests done when we're ill and not when we're feeling great.

My theory is that, at any given time, medical tests can show some little problem that the doctors think needs further probing even though they might have no idea what the problem might be or even if there actually is one.  My further theory is that my 77+ year old body is probably filled with little minor problems that aren't bothering me so why not just leave them alone?

I keep telling my girls that I'm not stupid.  I won't pretend I'm well if I'm not.  I don't handle pain well so everyone in the world will be notified if I'm in pain.  I'm pitiful when I'm actually sick, moaning and dragging myself around so there's no way they wouldn't know if I really was sick.  Right now I have no pain, no exhaustion, and I'm not whining so why can't I just say no to further tests?  

Where is the logic??

No comments: