Saturday, August 25, 2018

Before the Colonoscopy

I picked up the solution I have to take tomorrow to cleanse myself for the colonoscopy on Monday.  The whole process sounds disgusting.  I've been given lots of advice on how to do it best but the consensus is still that I'll be spending most of the day tomorrow on the toilet.  Like I said, disgusting.

I've been advised to chew gun after each drink of the bad tasting solution.  I've been advised to eat sparingly today.  I can't eat anything tomorrow and can only drink water so I feel like this is some kind of torture I'm being forced to go through.  It's hard to believe people actually consent to having a colonoscopy when there is no evidence of anything wrong.  Are they masochists??

Mine is to rule out internal bleeding of some kind which could have led to my anemia so I can understand it should be done.  The fact that my anemia is all but gone and I feel perfectly fine means I would have refused the damned colonoscopy if I wasn't afraid of my daughters.  Kim is taking me to my appointment on Monday...probably to make sure I don't skip out.

Apparently I won't know the results of the tests until Nov. 2 when I go back for the follow-up appointment.  I can't make any Florida plans or even bother getting my out-of-country insurance until after that.  I'm not happy. 

No comments: