Tuesday, August 07, 2018

Sad

Wayne's condition has worsened and it appears it's really the end for him.  Maybe it's a good thing I can't go to see him right now because I'll always picture him as tall and loose limbed, smiling, and a gentle soul.  That's how he was for most of his life but old age dragged him down.  It does that to all of us, I guess.

Wayne's stroke has done enough damage that he can't fight his way back and I hope Rhonda can let him go.  I was sitting crying last night remembering the good old days when Wayne was a vital young man and knowing he wouldn't want to remain the way he is right now.  I bet most seniors would say the same thing.  If we can't have some semblance of our normal healthy life, then let's just move on to what's next.

There aren't too many of my generation of loved ones left and it hurts to think of how many have passed away.  It's almost like losing a part of your own life because everything you shared with that loved one is also gone, with only memories left.  

I'm feeling low today and wondering for the millionth time just why we're here in the first place.  My hope is that we find out in the hereafter.  

Faye and Val are driving down today to spend what could be Wayne's last hours with him.  This is a sad day for our family.   

No comments: