Saturday, August 04, 2018

Tomorrow is my Birthday

Like Dennis used to say, "if I'd known I'd live this long I'd have taken better care of myself".  Just a note to younger people...when you're old, you don't feel old in your mind.  You might feel it in body pain but, unless you look in a mirror, you usually forget just how old you are.  Try to avoid mirrors!

Why, if I feel this well, do I have so many doctor's appointments and 2 trips to the ER in the past few months?  Why am I relatively happy and content when there might be something awful going on inside my body?  I feel sort of betrayed.  My body is giving out mixed signals and that is a pain in the butt!

Well, tomorrow I'll be 78 years old...can't believe I'm that old!!!  The best thing I've accomplished in all of those years on this earth is giving birth to Kim, Cindy, and Shelley who are 3 of the most wonderful human beings anyone could have contributed.  Other than producing these angels, I haven't done much else of note and that's why I wonder just why I've survived so far.

I was thinking the other night that I've lived 10 years longer than Dennis did but he was a go-getter who lived his life with much more adventure and accomplishment than most people.  I guess I'm a shimmer and not a spark but that's okay.  

Cindy is having me over for a birthday dinner tomorrow and it's so good to feel loved and cared for by my girls.  No matter what happens in the future, I've been blessed with my girls and that's a fact!

No comments: