Friday, August 03, 2018

Night in the ER

I've had more health scares this past couple of years that amounted to nothing so I should be grateful.  I spent 5 months thinking I was dying because a catscan showed I had a 3 1/2 centimeter cyst that wasn't even there (I felt perfectly fine all of that 5 months).  I spent 6 1/2 hours in ER in April because my doctor was worried about an increased heart rate when I had a miserable cold and couldn't stop coughing.  I spent another 6 hours in ER last night because of that same increased heart rate which the ER doctors weren't worried about.  I feel perfectly fine with no pain, no nausea, no nothing!

I'm at the point where I'm a little concerned that my doctor is over-reacting but I'm afraid to ignore him.  I have always had a higher than average heart rate so, when I'm sick or nervous, it will go up.  When should I worry??

Yesterday I felt perfectly fine and just went to my family doctor for a regular check-up.  He read my blood work results and said all was just peachy.  He took my blood pressure and that was peachy, too.  Then he checked my pulse and frowned.  So he sent me immediately to an internist in the building who immediately gave me an EKG.  It was fine and he said there was nothing wrong with my heart but I might have internal bleeding which was causing it to beat too fast.  He sent me to ER.  I had to get poor Kim to leave work and we sat in that damned waiting room for 6 hours.  Cindy relieved her halfway through and was the one to drive me home.  My heart rate continued to drop back to normal the more relaxed I got.

I figure I have to listen to my doctor but I'm always a little nervous when I see one..hence the increased heart rate.  I guess the only thing I can do is keep on living my life and hoping the upcoming colonoscopy and endoscopy are OK.  I want to get to a time when I don't have to see any doctors at all.



No comments: