Thursday, September 13, 2018

Welcome to the Family

Jake's family treated us to a dinner and rehearsal party last night at their home.  First...Carm has a garden that is out of this world gorgeous!  It was one of those beautiful early fall/late summer evenings that is just perfect for spending outside and it all couldn't have been more beautiful.  One of Jake and Aeron's friends prepared the buffet dinner and it, too, was just perfect.

I had already met some of Jake's family and knew they were very close and lots of fun.  I thought how important it is to have her marry into a family as close as her own.  She's one lucky lady!

I liked Jake from the start but, getting to know the family he comes from, makes him even better to understand.  They believe, as I and my daughters do, that a close and loving family is some of the best support a couple can have to create a good marriage of their own.  Jake's parents have been married for 38 (?) years.  Cindy and Dennis, though divorced, are still good friends and right there for their daughter.  This all matters because it represents continuity and good family values.

Jake's uncle bet me that there would be a little baby in the family by Christmas 2019.  I'm hoping for summer 2019.

And life and love go on!


No comments: