Friday, November 16, 2018

Cold, Grey, November Morning

This is the view from my patio door this morning and, normally, it would depress me terribly.  But not now.  We've had a lot of dull, grey days this month and I'm just happy to be home.  My apartment is nice and warm and I have my Swedish weaving on the go all the time.

The second and last craft show is tomorrow and Cindy will be helping me out instead of Kim because Kim has to work.  I got to wondering how it was that Kim is the one who always helps me at these shows when she doesn't like selling and doesn't like chatting with strangers.  Cindy loves both of these things.

I've discounted all of the jewelry I have left because I'm tired of selling it and just want to concentrate on selling the Swedish weaving from now on.  I haven't bought any new jewelry in a couple of years so I'm selling old inventory.  I also only want to do this one craft show each year from now on.  It's fun for me but probably a burden for my daughters.

Yesterday I arranged for the cable service and the power to be turned on at the trailer and I'm waiting to hear back from the people who will clean the trailer.  Kellie wants to leave here on Dec 29th instead of the 30th so we just have to wait to see what the driving weather will be.  As long as we have no snow the first day, we will be okay.  The second day we'll be at Shelley's in Tampa.

Today is a "do nothing" day for me and I'll just do a bit of Swedish weaving...nothing for tomorrow's craft show, though.  Oh yes, Cindy brought home the red monk's cloth from Florida and I was shocked to see there was only 1 YARD instead of the 1 bolt of 10 yards.  Shelley had been charged for the whole bolt!  One good thing is that it was ordered from Ebay and an honest mistake on the seller's part so I'm not worried about them sending out the missing 9 yards.

Cindy visited me yesterday on her lunch break.  My daughters are the biggest blessing in my life and my heart hurts for parents of uncaring and inattentive children.  My grandchildren are good to their parents, too, so we've taught them all decent values.  

Cindy gave me some good news about our Kyle.  He has a nice girlfriend.  His choices haven't been so great in the past but this one sounds like a keeper.  Shelley told me that Jake has a nice girlfriend, too.  It makes me happy to see my progeny happy.

Well, I could do a bit of housework but maybe not.  A little T.V., a little Swedish weaving, and probably a nap later on sounds like a better plan for the day.

No comments: