Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Memories

The older you get, the more memories you accumulate and there's no question many of those memories will be bad ones.  I remember when the bad ones took up too much space in my mind and it really did affect my emotions.  I gradually learned to re-evaluate some of the bad memories and gather them in the part of my memory slotted for bad stuff I could deal with.  It helped.

I still tend to dredge up the bad stuff but it doesn't hurt like it used to so I guess we can get past it in time.  My better memories center around my children, grandchildren, and greatgrandchildren.  

You can analyze the bad stuff until you're blue in the face but you probably will never be able to understand the logic for it. So let it go if you can and when you can.  It's too heavy to carry around all of your life. 

No comments: