Sunday, December 23, 2018

In Just 7 Days

In just 7 days, I'll be basking in the Florida sunshine.  Between then and now will be a whole bunch of family get-togethers to celebrate the Christmas season.  Of course, presents will be passed around but they aren't what is important.  The Christmas season is a reminder of so much that is good in us, the giving and the gathering of family and friends, that this is a very special time of the year.  I don't think there is a more important part of the year at all!

This year I'll spend it with all of my family except Lisette, Nicole and Jake.  Shelley and John won't be here for Christmas day but they will be here for Cindy and Don's family dinner on the 28th.  I have a great hope that one Christmas we can all be together but that might be impossible.  The kids get married and form Christmas traditions of their own which include their new in-laws.  It's just a fact of life.

Anyway, we're having a grey Christmas this year (no or little snow) but that won't matter because I'll be with family.  My plan is to take down the tree on Wednesday and do a thorough house cleaning so my apartment will be nice and tidy for Kim to stay while her kitchen is being remodeled.  Thursday and Friday will see the car fully packed for Florida, a family dinner thanks to Cindy and Don, and then Faye, Kellie, and I drive south on Saturday.

Life is good! 

No comments: