Saturday, December 15, 2018

What's Been Happening

Mary is in town and staying with Faye this time so I went over to have lunch and then tea with them yesterday.  We really do laugh a lot when we're together and it's heartwarming to have such good friends...and ones I've had for over 50 years, too!  It makes me happy to see that my daughters are collecting and keeping good female friends because they really are treasures in a woman's life.

As we were having our tea yesterday, Faye gave us a bit more information about her trip to E.R. last week.  Thank heavens it was only reflux and not the heart attack she was afraid she was having but it did require an ambulance ride to the hospital which is right across the road from her condo.  What I didn't know or even think to ask about was how she got back home.  I assumed she called one of her children and they brought her home and stayed a while to make sure she was okay but, no, that's not what she did.  She ignored the medical staff and walked home herself.  I know it was just across the street but I didn't expect that.  I should have.  Faye, at 83, has a lot more confidence in herself than most and she doesn't think it's necessary to bother her children just because she's hurting enough to call 911 in the first place.

I do have some amazing friends and relatives.

No comments: