Saturday, January 26, 2019

Dog Races

One of the park trips I enjoy the most is when we go to the dog races in Tampa but I was just told that this year will be the last time they will be allowed to race dogs.  I'm sure it's because a small group of people believe that racing dogs is cruelty to animals...I'm not sure I agree.  I know they used to euthanize racing dogs once they were too old to race but that was stopped quite a while ago and now the older dogs are put up for adoption.

I'm not sure that racing dogs is any worse than taking them to a dog park where they happily race around freely but I could be wrong.  I'm sure I'll hear more about what constitutes cruelty.

Now what about racing horses and stinging their sides with that whip?  I honestly believe that should be considered unnecessary cruelty but I bet no-one will be able to stop horse racing because it is really a lucrative business.

So much of our world is changing because small groups protest loudly and too many people are worried about being politically correct.  Remember the idiots who demanded all historical statues of not so decent warriors or political figures be torn down.  Look how many other idiots joined the destruction of our history and look how quickly that particular protest faded away.  Too many statues and too much hard work destroying them, I guess.

No comments: