Monday, January 28, 2019

Dreary, Cold, Wet Florida

Just as I never experienced a hotter summer last year in Ontario, I have never experienced so much cold, wet weather in Florida for this long...mostly the whole month of January.  I can still count on warm and sunny days to come before I head home but my heart goes out to those who chose this month to holiday in central Florida.

I'm pretty miserable.  My ears are still clogged and the sinus drainage has caused my voice to sound like I have laryngitis.  I'm also coughing a bit and I think that's from the drainage, too, and not from my lungs.  All in all, January 2019 has been quite cruel to me.

Shelley is visiting tomorrow and she can re-evaluate my condition and hopefully give me another antibiotic.  I think I need one but I'll trust her judgement.  She doesn't like it when I don't.  LOL!

Faye is all bundled up and out walking this morning for the first time in days.  It poured rain yesterday and the weather report is for 2 more weeks of unseasonably cool temperatures.  What the hell is happening??  I know it's much worse back home but that doesn't help me right here.

I don't know if I mentioned earlier that I wasn't able to get my propane tank filled because the company I use has been sold and they won't fill the old tank.  They will replace it and fill it then but I've decided to just hang in there using the little electric heater to warm up the trailer (never overnight, though).  For one thing, I have a 100 lb. tank and it costs over $5 per pound...over $500 to fill it.  Last year we had pretty nice weather and I didn't have to put any propane in at all.  

Right now I'd rather be back home in my sweet little apartment complaining about the grey skies instead of here in a tiny trailer complaining about the same thing.

No comments: