Wednesday, February 06, 2019

Faye And Her %$#*&% Maps

I love Faye very much and am blessed to have her in my life but her infatuation with maps when travelling caused our one and only tiff while she was here.

Now, I don't expect perfection from anyone...heaven knows I have many, many faults...but, honestly, someone has to become brave enough to wrestle those damn maps out of her hot little hands when travelling with her.  She sees no street signs or highway signs.  She sees no landmarks.  She only looks at the squigglings on a paper map while trying to follow our course.  I don't need that.  I already know my way on the highway but it's in the city that I need that extra pair of eyes looking at the street signs.  She can never find out exactly where we are by looking at those damned maps but that doesn't stop her from telling me I'm going in the wrong direction when I'm not.

Faye is a treasure...but next time I travel with her I'm going to burn those bloody maps!

No comments: