Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Offer

Yesterday I got a $5,000 offer for the trailer but the man wanted it by this Friday.  It isn't impossible for me but I did ask if he could extend it to Saturday because I don't like travelling on Hwy 4 during the week.  He said he'd ask his boss for the extra time.  And now I wait to hear back.

This whole trailer selling process has been weird from the beginning.  I think it's cute but that doesn't mean other people think so, too.  I think I asked a lowball price for it to sell quickly but that didn't happen.  It's a good thing I have the attitude that the trailer owes me nothing since I've had 19 wonderful winters in it.

Anyway, what I did expect was a quick sale near asking price.  What I have is me waiting to hear from a possible buyer who wants me out in just a few days.  Hmmm!  I just hope he doesn't disappear.

Update:  Well, damned if he didn't change his mind and withdraw his offer.  He decided he wanted a larger trailer.  I wonder how often this happens to people who are buying a house or trailer?  Wouldn't you think they'd be certain about what they wanted before they put in an offer?  Anyway, I'm back to hoping the park will buy it but, whatever happens, it won't be the end of the world and that's that!


No comments: