Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Saying Goodbye

As I've cleaned out and cleared out all or most of the things that made my little trailer a home away from home, it looks more every day like it doesn't belong to me.  That's a good thing because it means I won't feel sad when I leave it in 10 days.  I've been mentally relinquishing it all winter, knowing this would be my last winter in it and not feeling one bit of sadness about it.  It truly is the right time for me to go.

I think everyone can relate to this feeling.  Sometimes it's a marriage you're leaving behind...sometimes it's a loved one who is passing on.  You just know it's time.  I've had 19 wonderful winters in this sweet little trailer and never craved anything bigger or fancier.  Maybe that's how I've remained the happy camper that I have...not wasting my time craving bigger and better.  

It's still up in the air whether or not I'll be back here next year.  Who knows, maybe my health will take a bad turn or maybe something else will come up.  It's best not to make too set in rock plans for anything.  I'll be very happy if it turns out I can come back and rent because it means one more winter with the wonderful friends I have here.  If it turns out I can't, Faye and i will be asking Shelley if we can spend some time next winter at her house.  Life goes on.

Today I'm going out for lunch with the RedHats.  I love doing this but haven't had the time since I got here.  In January I was sick and in February something else came up so this is my last chance this season.  Tonight is Bingo.  My life may not be ultra exciting but it's turned out pretty much the way I'm comfortable with.

I told Faye that, if and when my winters in Florida end, I'll spend much more time at the senior center doing crafts or whatever.  It's a lively place with lots of fun and interesting people so I know I won't be just sitting alone at home getting bored.

Yes, life does go on and you can adapt and be happy or you can choose to resent what you don't have.  I'll adapt!

No comments: