Thursday, March 21, 2019

Not Home Any More

I think I might have cleared out a little too much too soon because this once cute little trailer has become a cold and drab place to live.  It's funny how just a few touches of what pleases your eye makes a home a home.  

I don't think I ever cluttered the trailer up with stuff but was always welcoming to me before and now it's just a place to stay until I leave for good in 9 days.  It will be good to get back to my cute little apartment where I've decorated with stuff that pleases my eye.  We have to do this to feel comfortable in our home.  It doesn't matter if our style pleases no-one else just as long as it pleases us.

Dee is driving us to the game rooms today because I put a lot of stuff in the back seat of my car when I thought the trailer was sold.  I'm going over to Shelley's this weekend and will leave that particular stuff at her house until next winter when, hopefully, I come back here to the rental.

Shelley came home yesterday after a week taking care of Cindy.  I'm not sure how my 3 daughters grew so very close but they absolutely amaze me with their commitment to each other.  It's a beautiful thing to see since we all know families that don't behave this way.  My mother was one of 3 daughters who not only had nothing to do with each other, they hated each other.  Something must have gone terribly wrong with their upbringing to have brought them to that stage.  I know Ida, the oldest, was given away to her grandmother as a baby because her father had died.  Rose was a beauty and my mother was very jealous of her for that.  I don't know why Rose hated her sisters but it might have been the way they treated her.  Such a sad way to live.

Well, I have to get dressed for the day...game rooms this morning, nap this afternoon, and cards with friends this evening.  Life is good!

No comments: