Wednesday, March 13, 2019

We're Not Perfect...But Almost

I have filled this blog with how lucky my family is to have each other to count on.  Cindy's broken bones are no exception because she has Don, Kim and the kids to look after her and also her good, good friends.  Shelley is flying up from Tampa today to also lend a hand and her medical expertise.  We are so damned lucky that I could cry.  We hear so much these days about families that are at odds with each other or who have severed connections so I know full well how blessed we are.  I am especially heart warmed about how close my three daughters are and how they have such a strong bond.  I couldn't have hoped for better.

I got some good news today from Donna who might have been facing amputation of her infected toe.  She's back home from the hospital still trying to clear up the infection before having heart surgery.  She has a difficult road ahead of her but she's a tough old gal with a good husband, Frank, who has stood right by her all through this.  I hope she'll be well enough to allow me and Faye to do our Swedish weaving afternoon at her house when I get home.  That will be up to Donna and how she's feeling but I think it would be good for her if she's up to company.

The trailer still isn't sold and I'm planning on talking to management on the 20th ( I leave on the 30th) about me giving it away.  I'm not sure how that will go and if I'll be allowed to come back next year to rent.  I miss being at home but I'll also miss these great friends I have in the park.  There's no doubt I'll miss the weather, too.  Cindy's accident has driven home to me that I'll have to be very careful walking in the winter.  I'm really terrified of being bedridden and dependent on my daughters.

Well, enough of that scary stuff...today it's sunny and warm/hot out and I might take a drive to the grocery store for a few items.  It will be so nice for me to be able to leave any extra groceries here if and when the new owner takes over the trailer.  I have no worries that, when I leave, I'll regret getting rid of it, though.  Paying lot rent for 12 months when I definitely only want to be here for 3 at the most means it's ridiculous to keep it.  The time has come to move on...I hope not out for good, though. 

No comments: