Monday, May 06, 2019

Cheque Is In Hand

I hadn't heard anything different so I assumed the trailer sale had gone off without the lady backing out but I hadn't heard from Shelley whether she'd received the cheque.  She had but she'd been sick last week and even to the ER with an attack of diverticulitis!  She had never had this before so I hope it's not a developing health issue for her.  I will never stop worrying about my girls and fretting when they get sick or hurt.  It's a lifelong mother ailment.

And so my sweet little trailer that served me well for 19 years (even with a few problems I got sick of dealing with) has moved on to a new owner and I wish her well.  The trailer I'll be renting next winter will be right next to her so I can't wait to see what improvements she makes.  I'm hoping it's new flooring in the trailer and Florida room because that's what it needs most.  

I've made a momentous decision for myself, too.  For the last 2 winters I've been very sick with bronchitis while in Florida and it's gotten me feeling I shouldn't be leaving the country.  I was especially sick that last week at Shelley's and really don't know what I would have done if I hadn't been with her. So I decided that, if I get sick like that again this coming winter, I won't go back the following year for the 3 months but maybe just for a short visit to stay at Shelley's house.  There is a time and season for everything and maybe my Florida winters are coming to an end.  Not the worst thing in the world, though!

But today it's warm and sunny here in Canada, my trailer is sold, my children are fine (Cindy's broken bones are healing well) and I'm feeling great.  Life is good! 

No comments: