Saturday, September 21, 2019

Free Speech

I've noticed on Facebook how, among many other issues, the Republicans post some pretty vitriolic stuff about the Democrats.  That's free speech.  What I think is laughable is how the Republicans become so darned angry when anyone dares to post something  nasty about Republicans.  Doesn't free speech go both ways?

I'm vocal about the things I'm passionate about, too, and I try not to rant too often.  I see a lot of posts making fun of or insulting Justin Trudeau but I've never seen anyone who supports him get all up in arms and offended by this.  We just don't take politics as seriously in Canada and that's probably because we're not as blind to our politicians' faults as the Americans are to the faults of their own politicians.  

I have to admit I rolled my eyes but bit my tongue when Mary said she liked Trudeau.

No comments: